September 24, 2010

Seed swaps: One of the most potentially vibrant, versatile and engaging websites for buying, selling and swapping seeds... says TreeHugger

Seed swaps made easier – do you think you will use it?

I can’t tell you how happy I was seeing that e-mail in my inbox. It’s not so easy to spot new, great ideas, so if you have one let the world know about it and send e-mails, blog or make video. SeedLiving new website for buying, selling and swapping open pollinated seeds and live plants.  

Anna-Monique wrote in the e-mail: 

“Users may choose to sell or swap within their own regions. The fees for using the site are pay-what-you-can. If users would prefer to give their seeds away for free but have the postage paid, they may put them on SeedLiving’s Trading Table. We are also looking for bloggers to contribute gardening news & tips for their growing area.
At some point in the future, we hope everyone with access to the internet will be able to make a living or supplement their income from open pollinated, untreated seeds and live plants, while, at the same time, promoting and enhancing biodiversity on our planet.”

What do you think about it?

3 comments:

Darla said...

Isn't this interesting. I'm not sure if I will use it or not. I will enjoy browsing through it though. I have really enjoyed the seed swap on blogger the last two years myself. Thanks for sharing this.

Művelt Kert said...

Hi, Ewa! That's a great site! I've just recognized a Hungarian herbal garden owner's page where he offers seeds for swapping or as a gift and I think more people would be happy to participate such "marketing". I already practice this game. Eszter

Hariharan said...

best best

best

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS